Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Wilson Kids


When Henry and Dianna were married on December 8, 1893, they continued to work on the farm. Later, in 1920, they moved into Corsicana Texas and Henry got into the contracting business. I still have two of his block planes.
Here are the children born to Henry and Dianna…
Grace Rosser, Sept 18, 1895
George Calvin, Oct 8, 1896
Nora Pearl, June 5, 1898
Eva Mary, Feb 16, 1901
Velma Lou, May 13, 1903
Rosa Marguerite, Sept 16,1906
Henry Ramsey, Nov 20, 1908
Rufus Carl, Apr 13, 1910
Jewell Woodrow, Apr 28,1913

Rufus Carl lived to be barely three months old.

Here's a picture of most of the family (George is missing) and a few of Dianna's brothers and their wives. My dad is in the white shirt in the right foreground.
Now, with this background complete, I can share a few things about my folks. After all, it's their centennial we're celebrating!

1 comment:

wtoverdrive said...

Hey dude! There was also a time of travel by wagon. They lived in Wichita Falls for a while and then moved to Alto where Carl died and my dad was born. I have been to Carl's grave. The family skinny was that he died after eating fish and drinking milk. ( old wives tale said that was deadly!!! I should be dead now! ) I thought he lived to 3 years, but don't know for sure. I have a family Bible Marguerite had that I think Nora had put together with all the dates and names. I need to find it and check it out.

Regarding tools. I have the toolbox of all of "Papa's" tools. I need to go out there and look around in it to see how they are faring.