Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Upon an Heptad of Decades, Part One


This is the first post that will bring to all the notification of my celebration of an heptad of decades. Sorry, you can't be the first to say, "You made it this far?"
The DMV of the good state of California greeted me earlier and announced my soon failure to be able to function (not unlike the FAA did ten years ago, when suddenly I couldn't fly safely anymore). But I fooled 'em all by passing the test and getting a new California drivers license (is there an apostrophe in driver's ?). After simply ignoring the illegals about the DMV office crying for my receipt, I drove home with impunity, demonstrating my newly certificated on-road expertise.
The only bad thing about this approaching natal day is God's strong warning,

Ps 90:10 The days of our lives are seventy years; And if by reason of strength they are eighty years, Yet their boast is only labor and sorrow; For it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Oh dear, but do you know the song, "We'll Fly Away"? Check it out here. My favorite. You'll have to cut and paste.

http://my.homewithgod.com/heavenlymidis2/flyaway.html

Thanks for being here, check in again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on passing your DMV test....does anyone even know the toxic level of a DUI? I don't!
And you are the smartest 'almost 70' person that I know. Braden has so much to learn from you, as do I, so we expect you to be around a while.
Love you! Colette xoxo