Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Today in History - Part Two



Exciting things happen in September! Appeasement gives courage to the Nazis to start World War Two; I was born to Henry and Kathryn in Klamath Falls Oregon; my Porsche was released for sale by the factory. More important and most wonderful of all is of course, the birth of my first-born, Christopher Alan. What a birthday present Jeanie presented me with!
My parents had come to visit for the grand occasion. My mom was determined that Chris would be born on this day. She and Jeanie walked all over Victorville California that morning. I spent some time instructing in the Phantom and pulling a shift in mobile control. Chris came right in the middle of "happy hour" - 5:38 PM (1738 for you military folks). I recall the bill for several days' billeting at the hospital (including rations allowance) was about eight dollars. Here are pictures of my dad holding me and my dad holding Chris. Happy Birthday Chris, and many more!

No comments: