Friday, April 24, 2009

TGIF

Fridays are always weird. Everyone who works on a more or less "normal" schedule looks forward to Fridays because it means that Saturday is next (DV). When I was working, both as a heavy equipment operator for Delta Airlines and as a pastor, the week-ends were not necessarily a time of rest or "honey do" lists. In the airline business most days are like any other days. In the preaching business, Saturday means that Sunday's coming! Has the Lord spoken to you yet? I'm happy to report that I got the preparation for Sunday's services done early - most of the time.

Why am I writing thus, asks one or another of my loyal readers? Well, the week started out slow as I related yesterday, but Friday's pace picked up considerably. I took the EKG. Turns out there's stuff there you don't want to hear about. So I have to go to another Doctor (a favorite pastime) to get some more checks (and write some more checks, no doubt). I need another stress EKG to clear me for surgery. This was determined Friday afternoon. There are no techs available to give me the test on Monday. Wednesday is the procedure at El Camino Hospital, and Tuesday is the day for "colon cleansing" with the magnesium citrate oral solution. So picture this, dear readers, a stress EKG whilst clensing one's colon - what fun in store!

Will I be cleared (in more ways than one)? Keep tuned in.

No comments: