Monday, April 27, 2009

Somehow, I Knew This Was Going To Happen…

A few minutes ago, they called and cancelled everything. EVERYTHING! It wasn't because I've suddenly been found to be healthy, no, it's because I've suddenly been found to be less healthy - all over again. It seems that there wasn't a time for me to have the stress EKG I told you about last week. So, without that test, and its attendant review, there is no surgery. When I calm down, I'll let you know what's happening. Right now I'm trying to understand why there are so few people in Santa Cruz who can run one of those stress EKG machines.
I am a real fan of the scenario which keeps me safe and healthy. Safe, in this case. Obviously, I'm not very healthy.
Well, the good news is that I don't really need the surgery (seed implant) right away. We found the anomaly very early.
The bad news is that it has been rescheduled for late June. JUNE! Holy Cow, another six or more weeks of restlessness and then all of those Doctor appointments all over again. How's that for taking a bite out of summer? Don't even mention my budget. Maybe I can get a discounted re-visit rate when it comes time to have some more of those fifty dollar a minute visits.

No comments: