Thursday, April 23, 2009

Slow Week at the Office


This week seems to be dragging by. Maybe it's because of the bad start (losing at Bocce, again), or the schedule of doctor appointments. How many times can one be briefed on what's going to happen and how many forms can one sign that lets everybody out of any responsibility for most anything? The only one who seems to be left with any accountability is me. That accountability, of course, is to pay. And pay. And pay. Does anyone ever pay the first bill that comes in for a medical procedure? I hope not. I'm still getting bills for the things that were done to me last October. Double entered, computer glitch, wrong account numbers, it never seems to come to an end. I can see now why a friend quit his medical practice when the paperwork became more important than the patients.

Now here's an interesting thing to make the week more complex. They (the schedulers of all things medical) just called (between the words "important than" and "the patients") to cancel everything. All the surgery. All the post-ops. All the colon cleansing (yes!!!). All the sleepless nights (well, probably not). It seems that during my slow week participation in an EKG yesterday, I have heart stuff going on. Too bad for me. Good for the doctors, the sailboat store and the local Porsche mechanic.

I'm writing this "tongue in cheek" of course. I have every confidence in my Doctor's expertise. My urologist is a very nice guy, and his staff is most hospitable (is that a play on words?).

Whoops! They called again and everything is back on. Especially the sleepless nights.

No comments: