Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Panting, and I Don't Mean Dockers…


I'm still here. A word to the wise, be sure you have the correct MEDICAL term for what you're purchasing at the clinic before you look it up on the internet.
That said, I'm still here.
So, the procedure they told me I was to experience was the EKG where they "chemically" induce stress and your heart thinks you're running, but you're laying on a table. Bad news.
The EKG I got this afternoon was the old fashioned kind where you walk, then run until your heart gets to about 140 beats per minute or so (sort of like the way Jack Bauer's is all of the time). Once you reach that rate and sustain it or more for a minute, the tech comes in and shoots some radioactive stuff in an already placed IV. Apparently this stuff radioactively "stains" your heart in a way that can be photographed (actually you radiate the "film" somehow) and viola! they can see your arteries, etc. on your heart without the invasive angiogram methodology. Good for them. I'm glad that someone invented this thing.
It was an interesting way to spend an afternoon.
The alternative had been of course, equally nuclear. Seed implant - don't ask where. But now I am waiting for the doctor to call or the website to be updated. I guess if they don't call me ASAP, I don't need a triple bypass on Friday. That's good news because I was going to make carnitas and have a marguerita or two over the weekend because of the upcoming national holiday here in Norte California.
More on this part of my saga vitae later. Let's all be sure to watch this UTube video. Promise?


Thanks for your prayers and concern.

No comments: