Friday, April 10, 2009

I Can't Sleep Anymore…

I promised myself that I'd wait the full one hundred days before I commented on the state of the union. It is going to be hard.
Things worth noting are piling up so fast that I probably will miss something and thence be evermore thought of as inept. Maybe I'm held in that esteem already.
When folks spend more time worrying about the new format of the "facebook" social networking site than they do about whether we bow low to a Christian/Jew hating king, there is something wrong. Maybe they have lost all hope and are resigned to having as many "friends" as they can get while the gettin' is good. The facebook site certainly promotes the superficial. I have to admit that I have an account. Won't you be my friend?
That said, won't you also consider a serious hour or two a week wherein you faithfully pursue some knowledge that will assure your eternal destiny? Less than two percent of your week's time, twenty minutes a day, will yield benefits that far outweigh a "drink" invitation or being "superpoked". If you're spending more time with facebook than you are in the Word of God, you need to re-evaluate your priorities. God is real. He will not be mocked. He loves you, but He's astounded that you don't know why.

No comments: