Tuesday, April 14, 2009

How Did It Get To Be Tuesday?


Well, I was going to try to include something here that might interest my extended family and all those who might stumble across this blog. I didn't do all that well. The first thing was that I got so excited over it being Easter, that I was stunned to realize that it was also my mom's one hundred, first, birthday! Yea! Cake and Champagne all around. Of course, Mom has been with the Lord since the early eighties, but there's a strange sense of peace to think of all that she (and my Dad) continue to mean to me. Weird, huh? Hey, I'm seventy something, looking at various operations this month on assorted protuberances (prognosis good, BTW) and yet I think of my folks almost everyday. What a blast. Will my kids think of me? I hope so. I know so.
It's funny how Easter meant something more to me this year than it has in years past. It could be that I'm still reading the Bible, cover to cover, and have slogged my way though the Pentateuch. Another funny thing happened when I read…

4 Then the LORD said to him, “This is the land of which I swore to give Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, saying, ‘I will give it to your descendants.’ I have caused you to see it with your eyes, but you shall not cross over there.”
5 ¶ So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD.
6 And He buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, opposite Beth Peor; but no one knows his grave to this day.
7 Moses was one hundred and twenty years old when he died. His eyes were not dim nor his natural vigor diminished.
8 And the children of Israel wept for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days. So the days of weeping and mourning for Moses ended.

From Deuteronomy 33

I cried, yeah, actually cried. You figure it out for yourself. It's important. It was life changing for me.
So any way, that said (one of my new favorite things to write), how 'bout that Obama man? I never though I'd be singing his praise, but I'm very glad for any part he may had had in authorizing the neutralization of the pirates in the waters off Somalia. Now if only he'd continue showing some grit towards all of the rest of the world. Oh sure, there'll be collateral damage, but if you believe that our cause is just it has to be done. Collateral damage is more important to those of us who have tasted combat than it is to those of you who might write about it, condemn us for it, or advocate dialogue with the PTBs. A great fear, but it cannot dissuade the warrior from his task. More tomorrow. Perhaps a reflection on my sending the government a check for my net worth, including a self addressed, stamped envelope for any change to be sent back.


No comments: