Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Aye, eye Doctor!

This morning I went to the eye doctor. My visit was paid for, in part, by my secondary insurance policy, courtesy of Delta Airlines (I avoided crashing for more than twenty years).

It was a good experience. Not only is my vision improving, but my eyeballs seems healthy and therefore, according to what I understand, other parts of me may be healthy also. Did you know that during this routine exam, the doctor can see blood circulation in the retinal area and tell something about one's circulatory health and by inference, the condition of other parts of your body? Sure beats sticking something into you (in various indiscreet orifices). An added bonus, the Doctor doesn't have to take off his wristwatch!

What a difference between my exam this morning and the one I endured several weeks ago at a new (in more ways than one) dentist. There, I spent the greater part of an hour's time listening to his office manager declare that my insurance will pay for almost NONE of the care I need. Actually, I had made an appointment for a simple cleaning and exam. Spreading the fear of God in my heart, she let me know that $1500.00 would solve the insurance shortfall. You know what? I got a second opinion! Have you ever gotten a second opinion from a dentist? Well maybe you'll start after age sixty-five, when your insurable human mouth changes into a cash cow.

Now for today's Spiritual input…

"A merry heart does good, like a medicine…" Proverbs 17:22

and you don't need a reimbursement form.

2 comments:

BradensMama said...

Oh Poppi!
You make getting older sound like a lot of fun!
Glad you made it thru your eye doctor exam unscathed.
Love you! the other wilsons xoxo

Anonymous said...

Eyes... Ah, that sore subject... Until two years ago, I had 20/15 vision and could read the bottom line from outside in the hall. Now, I went straight to progressives and cant read the top line unless I'm in the same room... and close. Bummer. With the stress levels at my house, I'll be lucky to see the next decade number (60). I need to chill in California! -- The Central Coast bunch!